::Entourage::

Monday 11 June 2007

taipei trip

My Taipei trip was rather fun, except the fact that we couldn’t go to YangMingShan due to the rainy weather.

Day 1:

Weather: Sunny

We managed to reach at the airport on time as stated in the schedule. However, the bus ride was rather long. If I’m not wrong, I think we reached Taipei Main Station at arount 1430 hrs. Hence, by the time we checked into the hotel it was already about 1500hrs. Something interesting was that we couldn’t exactly figured out where was the taxi stand. So we asked this cab driver and he told us to go back across the road. So we ended up with this rather old driver. We kinda suspect that he has a hearing problem. My sis kept talking to him but he don’t seem to hear it. Worst part, he doesn’t know how to go to our hotel. Partly was because our hotel is like some 3 star hotel, so not as popular as like Grand Hyatt and stuff. Ohh, and he doesn’t even seem to know where is XiMenDing. Ohh my, all we can say is 晴天霹雳 to our first encounter of the day. Haha. On the first night, we went to ShiLin Night Market, and ate the BIG 鸡排. It’s nice, needless to say, and cheaper than the one in sg, but doesn’t taste as nice. And there’s like BONES.. so actually, not v cheap also.. haha. We ate the 小笼包 too! It’s super nice, I’ve to say! =) ok, moving on, we went to the other end for some shopping, and found out that they have ‘PET SALE oh my, their so adorable!! If only I could by them!! *sigh* of course, we would not waste our trip all the way there, and bought some clothes. But their not cheap!!

Day 2:

Weather: Light Drizzles

In the morning, our first ever breakfast was their Taiwanese specialty, 鲁肉饭, it’s very nice. And we had it for nearly everyday. Haha. In the morning, after our breakfast, we set off the C.K.S. Memorial hall. The place is really nice, filled with Chinese architecture and stuffs. Nice place! Haha. But I’m quite irritated with the wind, as it made us have trouble taking pics, so I look horrid in some of them. But well, the place is still nice. And I LOVE the flowers!

Next programme of the day was 五分埔, a fashion wholesale centre. So the things there are rather cheap, but not ALL I have to say. Coz it’s nonetheless a tourist attraction. =) I think I bought quite a few shirts from there. And I bought 1 shorts. It was a BET! It costs me NT150 and I’m not sure if I could wear it. Haha.. when I went back to the hotel and tried, I realized I could squeeze iN!! so I’m like super happy. Noticed I said ‘SQUEEZE” . read between the lines. Haha

Ok, and that roughly ends my experience at五分埔. Next, we went to 饶河night market. It was much better than the one at Shi Lin. It has more Food to eat, and the things there are generally cheaper. Coz it’s not much of a tourist place. Hence, if u can’t speak mandarin, pls do not attempt. LOL. Ohh and we asked for directions on the way there, and the people were rather friendly and stuff. They gave rather detailed directions, thus, we had no trouble in finding the place… yup yup.

And I’ve gotta mention, it was a raining day, so me and cousin bought an umbrella. We didn’t really have a choice! *sigh*

Okie, and we walk till our legs wanna break that day. What a tough day!!! =)

Day 3:

Weather: a LIL’ Rainy

Main task of the day was to go 六福村, an amusement park. When we set off, it was rather sunny. But when we arrived, it was rather cloudy. And when we started playing, it drizzled. And finally RAIN!!!

First ride of the day was some kiddy rides.. like ‘Flying Horse’. LOL Great huh~ haha. And we moved on to this ride called ‘Fire Ring’ it basically goes round and round vertically. Haha. So u can imagine. Fast and Crazy, with ur head aching due to blood rush~ ohh gosH~ ohh and what’s worse? It was RAINING. So we got ALL WET only on our SECOND ride of the day. How amazing~! Ok we set the more exciting rides like Flume Ride, 大怒神 which looks very much like the GIRO Drop in korea and others. We also went to the zoo! Haha the animals are so cute. And their tram ride was hopelessly slow. But we manage to get a close encounter with the more tamed animals. Yup yup, so it was really fun.

At the end of the day, we took the bus to ZhongXiaoDunHua MRT and took a train to Taipei City Hall. We went to Taipei101.. and I’ve gotta say the view up there was fantastic. Oh and I learned my lesson. Things that u get to see views, pls go in the afternoon ok? Haha. If not all u see are lights. But still, its FANTASTIC. The elevator we took was the fastest elevator in the world. It reached 89 floor in less than 30 seconds I guess. It’s really fast. Yup. It’s good to feel like u’re at the top of the world man, esp when u’re on one of the tallest building in the world =)

Ok and after that, my leg was hurting like crazy due to the wet weather and I had like 5 blisters at the end of the day. So for the remaining days, I hate to wear my slippers. Ok, and we head back to the hotel after enjoying the ‘ top of the world’ feeling =)

Day 4:

Weather: Sunny and Cloudy

First on our list was to go to Beitou HotSpring. Ok, we had to take an MRT and walk uphill. I’ve gotta say, it was good exercise man, and certainly, it opened our pores! We SWEAT it out. LOL. We had a long way up. the hot spring was rather high class, so our hardwork paid off. *cheers*. Ok when we went there, they gave us a package, with robes, slippers and stuff. So we had to change into the robe. Ok and we happily wore our swimming attire in it too. And then to our horror!!!!! We realized that we had to go into the hot spring Nude. Oh man. It was really crappy. But we still make do with it. We alr PAID for it. But the hot spring experience was really great. It’s so comfy and relaxing. After that we felt so tired and sleepy as we had walked so much for the past few days. =)

After hotspring, we went to 淡水. We went to the lover’s bridge and fisherman’s wharf. The place was really beautiful. Besides beautiful, still beautiful!! Haha I can’t exactly describe it. But it was really wonderful to be there!! We also went to the 淡水老街 to buy some goodies back for our friends and family! Yup yup and head back to the hotel for some rest.

Day 5:

Weather: Heavy Rain

Because of the stupid rain, we didn’t get to go YangMingShan! Kinda disappointed. But still, we had no choice. So we had a back up plan. Which is, to go to 五分埔 again as my sis didn’t shop her fill. So we went there and shop again and I bought more stuffs. Obviously! =) ok and I bought a skirt there. As usual, it’s a bet again. Haha. When I went back to the hotel and tried I realized I couldn’t wear it. But when I was back In sg, I realized that I could SQUEEZE into it! So I’m very happy now. At least my NT 390 did not go to waste= ). Ok back to the subject. we had a lot of fun shopping there. Haha

Next, we went to Miramar Entertainment Center. If you’re wondering where the hell is tt, it’s actually the building with this huge ferris wheel on it. You’ve got it right! We were there for the ferris wheel ride. Haha. It was really nice!! The view was picturesque =) den we took the shuttle bus back to the MRT near ShiLin Night market. And we went there for dinner. Haha. After that, our legs felt like giving way. Hence we went back to hotel. And sis and Adrian went huaxi nightmarket to have some fun.

Okie. That ends the day!

Day 6:

Weather: Drizzly

We only went shopping around XiMenDing as we couldn’t go too far as our flight is at like 6 pm. So we had to leave by 3 pm. Yup. And on the last day we bought like a lot of donuts from Mister Donut. Haha. Ok and ermm I bought one pair of shoes for me and my mom. Haha.

Ok after tt we proceeded to the airport on a Luxurious bus. And I dozed off haha.

Ok tt pretty much sums up my trip at TAIPEI =) pictures will be uploaded in the next post!! Watch out for more!! =)

Ok, and after like 6 days, me and cousie only spotted 3 handsome guys! Haha. How pathetic. But better than sg lar. Sg only got like 1 in like errmmmm.. 100000? LOL!!

No comments: